Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2009

My 2 must see talents for the month....



Tim Minchin
If you haven’t heard the work of this man then you haven’t enjoyed the full delights of comedic insanity & BRILLIANCE. After first discovering this man through my comedy boff sister a lazy Sunday afternoon turned into a marathon youtubing effort and a lot of laughter….

Tim Minchin is as talented a musician as he is a comedian. His act is more like one long hilarious ranting story told in song, interspersed with bursts of hysterically funny dialogue.

His humour is very dark, one of my favourites ‘inflatable you’ kicks off with an ode to his artificial girlfriend (of the doll variety)….that’s all I’m saying!

My favourite songs

‘Inflatable you’
‘If I didn’t have you’
'Rock and roll nerd’


Bridgette Amofah




Another talent I have had the pleasure of seeing recently is Bridgette Amofah. She is a quirky new kind of soul, pop act. I saw her perform in the intimate setting of someone’s front room as part of a curious generation gig and I had that feeling that I was seeing a real talent. She has a raspy, honey, soulful tone to her voice and a kind of star quality you don’t see every day, and aside from that she is seriously stunning!

Check her out…lets support new talent!

B x

Tim Minchin

No comments:

Post a Comment