Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2008

When it Works

As a PR or Marketer, we always talk about what great results we get and how much awareness we've raised with our campaigns. We use figures and graphs, tables and stats to indicate our success. Sales have risen so much and research shows that attitudes have changed this much - therefore the campaign has been successful. This of course gives you a sense of pride and achievement.

However I recently experienced something that really made me smile. After a busy radio day with Ryan Giggs, who is working with us on the Alliance & Leicester Premier 21 campaign, I was walking along the road when I bumped into and old friend in a pub. We began chatting and when I explained what I'd been doing in Manchester, the doorman's ears pricked up. "You met Ryan Giggs?" he asked me, almost threateningly.

A little perplexed at the interruption, I turned and answered, "Yeah I'm doing a campaign with him at the minute."

"Oh right," he said nodding,"It's not that Premier 21 training thing he's doing with that bunch of kids?"

Well my jaw hit the floor! Here was someone who we had actually reached, whose awareness had been raised - the campaign was working! I could have kissed him flat on the mouth - but opted to shake his hand instead.

"Thanks mate," I said, "you've made my month!"

All in a day's work.

If you'd like to meet Giggsy too, go to www.prem21.co.uk,

Cheers,

Paulie




I

No comments:

Post a Comment