Pages

Thursday 21 August 2008

You Gotta Friend in Me



It's lucky I like my job really. I've recently started realising why my hairdresser friends roll their eyes if I dare to ask for a free cut, or my singing teacher friends start to sob if I bashfully enquire whether it's possible to get a quick lesson.

"But surely that's not possible if you work in PR" I hear you cry...oh contraire! It's completely possible if your mate from the pub happens to be the Marketing and PR director of my local.

TWO8SIX is a great little place in Lewisham which has a really great crowd of people, and...I'm ashamed to say, a really good karaoke night on Wednesdays (which I may possibly be at every week - I admit I'm a karaokoholic, there I said it!)

I started vaguely talking shop with my mate (the PR/Marketing Director) and throwing the odd idea out - and before you know it I'm writing press releases after work and consulting him on tactics for celeb endorsements.

But I don't mind. After all it's for a good cause. They're holding a weekend called "In the Pink" which is supporting Lisa Snowdon's organisation Breast Cancer Care - the UK's leading charity for those effected by Breast Cancer.

When it's such a good cause you don't mind lending a hand do you? - and hey that's what mates are for.

Cheers,

Paul

2 comments:

  1. Interesting topics could give you more visitors to your site. So Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when will you go online?

    ReplyDelete