Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Save the skate park!




Last weekend I headed down to the southbank, one of my favourite places in London on a sunny day. There is always lots going on but I headed to the Tate modern to check out the Street Art exhibition. The Tate building exteria has been transpormed by artists who have created some iconic graff art images, really cool. I also checked out the skate park, which plays host to pleathora of low slung trousered skater boys. It has a great atmosphere and is a real cultural spot for the urban youth so when I googled the area I was annoyed to see that the grumps in the council are trying to close it down. An architecural deadspot has been turned into a great place for young people to be creative and have an outlet for their hobbies. Save the skatepark I say!!


B x

No comments:

Post a Comment